Warehouse District Office
A historic renovation and new construction of a five-story office building that sits prominently at the corner of S. Peters and St. Joseph streets in New Orleans’ Warehouse District.
This mixed-use historic renovation and new construction project will sit prominently at the corner of S. Peters and St. Joseph streets in New Orleans’ Warehouse District. The historic two-story 17,260 square foot masonry warehouse was built in two phases one year apart in 1900 and 1901.
The restored masonry and timber structure of the warehouse will house retail space on the ground floor with a lobby connecting to second-floor office space. The new, five-story 67,814 square foot building will infill the vacant lot, where the c. 1855 “Iron Warehouse” once stood before it was demolished after Hurricane Katrina, housing ground floor retail, two floors of parking and two floors of office space. A monumental stair will connect the two buildings and provide access to a terrace on the roof of the exciting warehouse. A similar rigor, rhythm, and simplicity that can be found in the elevations of the surrounding warehouses was applied to the new building to create a contextual, yet modern, design.
Warehouse District Office – TPA Rendering